About Jos Jansen
Jos Jansen lives and works in the Netherlands.
He holds a master's degree in psychology from Radboud University Nijmegen, Netherlands. Next to this, he studied documentary photography and film at AKV St Joost, Academy for Art and Design in the Netherlands (bachelor and master). He obtained his bachelor's degree with honours (cum laude) in 2012.
'I am a visual artist and writer, fascinated by the relationship between man, nature, technology and science. Questions I ask myself are: Where do people’s boundaries lie? Do we still control technology – or does technology control us? Although taking reality as a starting point, my narratives intend to be very personal and subjective, bridging the divide between reality an fiction and between art and documentary. My work methodology is based on photography, film and data visualization. Photo books, exhibitions and video installations are the favorite media to present my work.'
- Battlefields (To be launched on 11 September 2015). Publisher: The Eriskay Connection.
- Seeds - on the origin of food crops (September 2014). Publisher: The Eriskay Connection. ISBN: 978-94-920510-1-0.
- Entering the back box - some exploratory notes on the essence of deep (November 2012). Publisher: The Eriskay Connection. ISBN: 978-90-817376-0-9.
- Connected Creativity - an anthropological glimpse into the world of research and innovation (2011).
ISBN: 978-90-817376-0-9. Self published. This book is still for sale. Send your order request to Jos Jansen.
- My dear father. Publisher: Meulenhoff, Amsterdam, 2010. ISBN: 978-90-29086-0-97
- Leiden (NL), Museum Boerhaave (The Science of Seeds), 8 May - 6 September 2015)
- Haarlem (NL), Galerie Paviljoen Welgelegen ('Natuur talenten', group exhibition, 9 June - 1 September 2015)
- Naarden Photo Festival 2015 (Exhibition of recent Dutch photo books, 2015)
- Hoorn (NL), West-Fries Museum (SEEDS, March-May 2015)
- Boston (USA), Griffin Museum of Photography (SEEDS the photo book, Jan 2015)
- Brighton Photo Biennial 2014 (UK) (SEEDS the photo book, Oct-Nov 2014)
- BredaPhoto 2014, international biennial for contemporary documentary photography (SEEDS, 2014)
- St Petersburg Museum of Modern Art Erarta (Undercover, exhibition of contemporary Dutch photo books, 2013/14)
- Naarden Photo Festival 2013 (Exhibition of recent Dutch photo books, 2013)
- Eindhoven, Schellens Fabriek (Black Box - STRP Meets Dutch Technology Week, 2013)
- Amsterdam, De Melkweg Gallery (Black box, 2013)
- Eindhoven, Witte Dame Building (Black box, solo exhibition, 2012)
- Rotterdam, Kaap Belvédère (KatendrechtV, group exhibition, 2011)
- Nijmegen, Radboud University Campus (solo exhibition, 2010)
- Amsterdam Centre for Photography, Amsterdam (group exbibition, 2008)
- Amsterdam, Philips Breitner Centre, (2008)
Seeds was selected one of the 15 very best photo books of 2014 by Dutch daily newspaper De Volkskrant.
- Avans / AKV St Joost Graduation Prize 2012 (honourable mention)
- Lucas Prize 2012