About Jos Jansen
Jos Jansen lives and works in the Netherlands.
He graduated in psychology of mass communication and organizational psychology from the University of Nijmegen, Netherlands, and had an extensive corporate career focusing on organizational behavior and communications.
Next to this he studied documentary photography and film at AKV St Joost, Academy for Art and Design in the Netherlands (bachelor and master). He obtained his bachelor degree with honours (cum laude) in 2012.
I am a visual artist who is increasingly fascinated by the relationship between man, nature and technology. The central question I pose is who controls who? I always take reality as a starting point. However, the resulting narratives are always very personal and subjective, bridging the divide between reality an fiction and between art and documentary. My work methodology is based on photography, film and data visualization. Photo books, exhibitions and video installations are the favorite media to present my work.
- Seeds (Working title - under construction), to be released mid 2014. Publisher: The Eriskay Connection.
- Entering the back box - some exploratory notes on the essence of deep (November 2012). Publisher: The Eriskay Connection. ISBN: 978-90-817376-0-9. This book is also for sale at a.o. Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam, Nederlands Foto Museum in Rotterdam, Amazon.com, Bruna.nl, Polare.nl and Photo-eye.com.
- Connected Creativity - an anthropological glimpse into the world of research and innovation (2011).
ISBN: 978-90-817376-0-9. This book is still for sale. Send your order request to Jos Jansen.
- My dear father - photo documentary, in Lava 16.1 (Published by Meulenhoff, Amsterdam) (2010). ISBN: 978-90-29086-0-97
- Avans Graduation Prize 2012
- Lucas Prize 2012
- St Petersburg (Group exhibition of contemporary Dutch photo books, 2013/2014)
- Naarden Photo Festival (Group exhibition of recent Dutch photo books, 2013)
- Eindhoven, Schellens Fabriek (Black Box - STRP Meets Dutch Technology Week, 2013)
- Amsterdam, De Melkweg Gallery (Black box, 2013)
- Eindhoven, Witte Dame Building (Black box, solo exhibition, 2012)
- Rotterdam, Kaap Belvédère (KatendrechtV, group exhibition, 2011)
- Nijmegen, Radboud University Campus (solo exhibition, 2010)
- Amsterdam Centre for Photography, Amsterdam (group exbibition, 2008)
- Amsterdam, Philips Breitner Centre, (2008)